Happy New Year!! I’m started off the year by linking up with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for the Friday Five linkup. I like the new format they have come up with: each week has a central theme, but you get to pick the topic. This week’s theme is all about fitness.
One week from today I’ll be waking up in Waikoloa, HI! Tyler and I are taking a winter vacation to Hawaii and are staying on the big island for a week then heading to Maui for a few days at the end. I’m so excited for sunny skies and warm temperatures, it’s the perfect way to start triathlon training for the 2016 season! So my post today is going to revolve around five ways to I plan to stay active while in Hawaii.
- We have rented road bikes so I can not only get my scheduled cycling workouts in, but also explore the area by bike instead of driving everywhere.
- Our hotel has a pool and a workout area–meaning I’ll get my scheduled swims in and some strength training in.
- I subscribed to Jasyoga last month. I love waking up at home and doing some sort of stretching, and lately I’ve been using Jasyoga videos to do just that.
- Hiking! With our goal of seeing all of the US National Parks, we plan to go hiking at both Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park and Haleakalā National Park.
- And of course, we signed up for a race! I plan to get some running in during the week as well, but we’ll end our vacation with the Maui 10K along the coast which will just be probably one of the most gorgeous runs I’ve ever been on.
If you’ve been or live on either island, do you have any recommended running or cycling routes?
Question of the week: Do you have any fitness goals for the new year?