Yeah, I know it’s hot, it’s humid and the AC feels so good, especially with a cold beverage in your had. But summer running has its perks. I’m linking up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia to share five things to LOVE about summer running.
1. The longer daylight hours, this is kind of a given. This gives you the option to run at 5am or 8pm when it’s still light out but the UV index isn’t in that danger zone. You may also feel safer. I don’t really like running alone in the dark so summertime is the perfect time to get the miles in before or after work while feeling safe in the daylight.
2. Less layers = less time getting ready to get out the door and basically the same uniform everyday-tank, shorts, socks and running shoes.
3. The sweat-nothing feels better than a good sweatfest. While summers in southeastern Virginia means you can just walk out the door and start sweating, I’d still rather be running than standing still.
4. Jumping in the water post run for a quick cool off-whether its a pool, a lake or the ocean it’s so nice to take the plunge. Just make sure you are either close to home or have a change of clothes/towel for the car ride home!
post run jump into the pool earlier this year in Waikoloa
5. Stronger (both physically and mentally) for your fall race. I have always found this to be true. Putting in the really hard work throughout the summer months has always resulted in a strong fall race for me.
What is your favorite thing about summer running?