In 2017 I made the goal to do at least FIVE minutes of yoga/stretching every single day. I use Jasyoga practices because the primary focus is on athletes-whether it’s pre-workout or recovery, I can always find a video that fits my needs for the day.
Here’s what I’ve learned in the first 30 days.
- It can be done. It’s JUST (at least) five minutes a day and it makes SUCH a difference. Sometimes it’s a meditation before bed, sometimes it’s five minutes of legs up the wall and sometimes it’s something a bit more challenging/longer but no matter what it is, it’s always worth it.
- My hip flexors can probably use work everyday. They are so incredibly tight even the guy that fit my bike told me I needed to stretch them out daily so I could be more comfortable on the bike.
- Taking time to pause after working on one side to feel the difference is amazing. One day (I believe post bike ride) I was stretching out my left hip flexor and paused to feel the difference. My left toes actually felt like they were off the mat, while my right toes were still fully on the mat. I mean, what a difference!
- My mind is clearer….kind of. The focus on my breath takes my mind away from everything at least when I’m practicing. Some days it sticks around and I remember to just focus on my breathing to relax, other days not so much. I’ll call it a work in progress.
- My core is a disaster that needs to be overhauled. I’m really enjoying the core focused video and need to try them all-I’m thinking about incorporating a core focused video 3x/week.
So there you have it, a short and sweet post about the first 30 days of my #hitreset365 challenge. To follow my daily practice, check out my Instagram page.
How do you hit reset?